Yesterday I had to build a newÂ WindowsÂ 7 SP1 x64Â image by a Customer. I created a new build and capture task sequence like I always do. I added the Windows 7 source files to SCCM 2012 R2, modified the Task sequence and started the deployment. Every time, right after the “Setup Windows and Configuration manager” step the Task sequence would fail with an Access Denied error.
I started analyzing the log files on the client and saw thatÂ there was a problem accessing the content of a package on the distribution point. I verified this by looking in the IIS log file on the DP, which showed the following:
10.159.252.38 PROPFIND /SMS_DP_SMSPKG$/51f41611-ecba-4859-a129-4291590c4a72 â€“ 80 â€“ 10.159.252.75 SMS+CCM+5.0 â€“ 401 2 5 1509
I started digging and found the following hotfix from Microsoft:
After some testing it turned out that the hotfix did in fact solved my issue. I created a SCCM package containing the hotfix and created the following steps in my capture task sequence, right after the “Setup Windows and Configuration Manager” Step:
The details of the “Install KB2522623” Step:
The next time I ran the task sequence it completed successfully